Monday, December 19, 2016

Swimming Lessons

Zack's brother bought his family's dream home a year and a half or so ago.  It's honestly the most stunningly beautiful house.  It defines modern in looks, appliances, flooring, and all complete with a personal pool.  It's to die for.  And when we go for a visit, I usually take pictures if certain decor for ideas and leave with a million or so goals to improve our home.

The only problem is that, since their kids all know how to swim, they opted against putting up a fence around their pool.  Which is fine.  Except, Janni doesn't know how to swim.  Needless to say, you can imagine my stress when we're there.  I need to know where Janni is at all times or I can't even think.  I'm okay with being called paranoid, uptight, etc.

We were going to give Janni swim lessons two summers ago, but I wasn't feeling so well in June and missed the deadline to get her into lessons and the waiting list was a mile long.  Then, when July lessons opened, I had almost died and so lessons that summer weren't realistically going to happen.

I figured we would get her into lessons the following summer, but Tru was such a hard baby, that the thought of taking him and the risk of him screaming bloody murder made me want to cry, so for a second year, we put off swim lessons.

Recently, I was thinking about how much Janni really needs to learn how to swim, I went ahead and just signed her up.

Today, she had her first lesson and she did fantastic.  The teacher told me that she had strong arms and legs and that she would likely pick up swimming really quickly.  My momma's heart was just so at peace as I watched her swim.  Like, she will, God willing, be safe around water and living in a state where pools are almost more common than kids, that just gives me such a peace of mind.

Oh, Janni!  I am so proud of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment