Monday, October 13, 2014

Bumps in the Road Called Life

I've felt a little bad because I have seen my page view count go up and up and have had no new posts for a few days now.

I really want to start some DIY posts up for the Fall season but it's been such an emotional week that I have had a really hard time completing any post.  We've spent a few days 100 miles away down in Gilbert, AZ.  My Mother-in-law had a tracheotomy and a feeding tube put in because she has a tumor on her tongue about the size of a crab apple that is obstructing her breathing.

Today Cheryl, my Mother-in-law, starts what is called Induction Chemo Therapy.  I'm a little shaky on the details but my understanding is that it is a very strong chemo that will be delivered through a port in her chest, directly to the cancerous tumor.  She will stay in the hospital until Friday and deliver the chemo there because having a trachea makes this intense kind of chemo very dangerous due to the high potential of vomiting and it needing to be done through the trachea.  Suffocation is a huge concern.  My sister-in-law will be staying with her starting next week, in a rental near the hospital and will have to learn how to save her life if, God forbid, her breathing through the trachea is in jeopardy.  This is a difficult time on our family.

I really want to be authentic about our life.  It is lovely and wonderful and I feel unbelievably blessed to have such a caring husband and a sweet little girl.  But life is often hard, and I think that if I only show the good times in life, I will end up hating blogging because I don't feel like I am being real.

So for the above reasons, I am choosing to update about my Mother-in-law and her cancer treatment.

I will post DIY and other categories sooner than later so keep looking. :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Cancer is the worst. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janssen. That's very kind of you. Any and all prayers are greatly appreciated! :)

      Delete