Monday, October 6, 2014

Rest





I have not felt well all weekend.  As a matter of fact, I didn't feel well Friday either.  In these cases, I tend to let the house go a little more than I would like.  And by this, I mean the dishes were half-done.  The living room floor was covered in toys, neither of the beds were made, and the bathroom was frightening (via, 3 people trying to look decent for church).

By Sunday after church, we had somebody coming by to buy a CD Burner Zack's work had asked him to sell on Craig's List.  We came home from a Sunday lunch and I went into panic mode because the entire house was an absolute wreck and I couldn't fathom the thought that a total stranger who we will never see again would see our house in such a state of disaster!  I put Janni down for a nap and then began picking up the living room, organizing the desk, doing dishes, and clearing the kitchen table.  I begged Zack to clean the bathroom and pick up our bedroom.

By the time I had started to sweep the kitchen floor, I was overwhelmed because the adrenaline that had kick started my overwhelming desire for all things clean had worn off and the house was still a good 30 minutes from being clean.  I began to sweep the kitchen and Zack came in and said, "Well, he's not stopping by, he just cancelled."

I stood there on a Sunday afternoon, the day the Lord has given us to rest, speechless and telling myself that this will not happen again because from here on out, I will no longer being doing laborious chores on a Sunday. I will no longer stress out because on Sundays, no matter how bad the mess, I will be resting (although, our beds will still be made and dishes will still be done because, you know, that's just gross).  I won't worry about toys on the floor or whether or not the refrigerator needs a good spruce.  And I intend to put away all electronics and things that distract us from meditating on the Words we learned in church and the things of Christ.  Everything that needs to be done to maintain our home is going to have to be done on Saturday.

Aside from fighting something this weekend, I have been complaining so much about exhaustion and it's so clear that one of the reasons I am exhausted is because I am not taking my day off as my body was designed by God to do.  I also am not saturating my heart into the Word of God.  I need to have a personal devotional on Sundays (and throughout the week) so that God can work on my heart and bad habits and behaviors that need to change. The rest of the day will be spent as a family. 





 So, this post is to kick off relaxation and meditation and family starting this Sunday!

And I will rest.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment