Monday, November 7, 2016

Slowly Decorating Our Home: Janni's Room

Last December we bought a fixer upper...

It was seriously SO bad that we were able to buy it $17,000 below market value... and let's just say, it's needed more than most houses need to make it look presentable.

Janni's room was, by far, thee absolute worst room in the entire house.  Think Barney purple and a pink. It was just, ew, gross.  Janni, on the other hand, thought the colors were about the greatest thing in the world.  I put off telling her that no, we would not be keeping her room purple, until we were ready to paint it.  And, not surprsingly, when we did paint it, she actually asked me to paint it back purple to which she was promptly told, "No honey, too much work. I'm sorry, I should have asked you."  But I really wasn't sorry because there was no way on earth that my daughter was going to grow up in a room the color of nightmares! Ha!

I let Janni choose her bedspread, which was actually a very nice one and I really do love it.  We used it as a basis for the wall color, a light teal/blue.

So, here it is.  It's got a very girl, princess theme and I can't decide if we're finished decorating or not!








Sources:
Bed Spread: TJ Maxx (similar)
Curtains: Target (similar)
Headboard: Thrifted
Nightstand: Thifted
Lamp Stand: Thrifted
Lamp Shade: Target
White Chair: Thrifted
White Mirror Decor: At Home
Gold Mirror Decor: Thrifted
Blue Cube Storage Bins: Walmart
Hanging Book Shelves: IKEA
Elsa Picture: Kohls (similar)
Dragonfly Coat Hanger: Gifted By Family 
Paint: Home Depot: Azure Afternoon




No comments:

Post a Comment