Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Week With The Boys

Last Monday,  Janni started kindergarten at a private Christian school.  She's loving it and we don't regret our decision to put her in school.

I haven't been shy about Tru, 2.5 years old, being difficult.

He's demanding. Whiny. Into everything. And jealous of his siblings. Normal toddler behavior... but on steroids!!

By jealous, I mean he doesn't like me to give them attention and wants everything they have.  It's tiring and I thought it'd just be something I'd have to deal with until he was older.

And then, Janni started school and suddenly his whole disposition changed. He stopped being whiny and jealous. He's a delightful little boy when she's at school. And then Janni comes home and the negative behavior changes back.

I have a lot of research to do about how to address this unpleasant, unnecessary behavior (I assure you,  Janni is a sweet and delightful little girl and usually treats him nicer than most siblings I knows).

I decided to take the boys on a walk around a lake nearby. Tru was talking, pointing at the ducks, counting them, and just being such a delightful little boy. He's not a huge talker, so I'm teary eyed the whole entire time! What a change from the little boy I've known.

This is going to be a great year getting to know this delightful side of Tru!! I'm feeling beyond blessed that I get to be this little boy's mommy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment