Monday, August 6, 2018

Why We Chose to Send Janni to School

I'm a teacher. I have a bachelor's in education, so I'd say that I'm more than qualified to educate my children myself. And that's what I've done with our first, Janni. She's reading and writing and great away math.

I had quite a difficult time conceiving after Janni and it wasn't until 3 days before Janni's 3rd birthday that we got to welcome her first sibling, Tru, home.

He was such a difficult baby, let alone pregnancy, that there's no way I would have chosen to have another baby.  But there's a funny thing about being married and growing your family... sometimes it just happens. And we welcomed another baby boy, AJ, into our lives less than 18 months later.

Now that Tru is 2 and AJ is nearly a year, it's becoming more challenging to juggle three children and keep thrill-seeking Tru safe! Because of this and the fact that Janni really loves learning,  and the fact that I can't teach her the way I want due to the busyness and neediness of the boys, we've decided that she'll start her kindergarten year in a private school.  The class size is 14 and there are 2 aides in her classroom. 3.5ish to 1 is about the ratio I could give her myself! This is as close to a homeschool experience I can give her this year!

Today was her first day of kindergarten!

We're hoping that in a year or two, things will become less challenging and I can homeschool entirely.

But until then, we're so grateful to have found the school and such a loving staff! She's going to have such a great kindergarten year! And look how cute she is in her tiny school uniform!!

I totally would have cried sending her off to the great world of kindergarten... but the baby blew out on me and I was covered in poop and clearly wanted nothing more than to get out of there and into clean clothes.  

Maybe I'll cry tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment