Thursday, August 16, 2018

It Was FiVE Minutes of Unsupervised Play

The other day, I woke up Q-to-the-U-eezy!!! I was so sick that I took 2 pregnancy test that were big fat negatives!

The whole day, I just took it easy and hoped I'd feel better.

This is a jad-gad-spad-BAD, BAD thing. An absolute recipe for disaster per Teddy-James! He is smart and easily read the situation and in his Ted, Ted, the big white-head brain (yes, his nickname is a reference to a pimple. No, I have no intention of stopping and it's only ever said in an endearing tone), the planning of over the top mischief begins.  Luckily, in spite of my sudden -onset-feel-like-barfing condition,  I watched the little sucker like a hawk.

That was until dinner time,
when it dawned on me that in spite of whatever demon bug dwealt inside the depths of my digestive tract, I still actually needed to feed the kids and hubby!! I decided I'd make a quick meal that the whole family usually eats and won't lead me head-over-toilet and kids with-no-dinner. So I placed the baby on the patio in his outdoor exersaucer and a pile of food and hauled my queasy booty to the kitchen, in desperate attempt to feed my family asap.

I was gone for maybe 5 minutes, literally in the room directly leading out to the patio. FiVE minutes, folks. Cinco Minutos. Daseos uisalog. Cinque minuti. No matter what language I say it in, I wasn't gone longer that 5 minutes and Justine comes running in to report that her younger brother was feeding her youngest brother mud. Zack and I rush to save baby Alex's life and see clear as day that indeed, 5 minutes is all it takes to cover and be covered in mud. I quickly pulled rocks out of baby's mouth and then ran back to finish dinner, so I left Zack to clean Teddy's dirty work.

I couldn't snap a picture but Zack got this endearing photo of Teddy's antics.

Try not to laugh. 5 minutes. Nobody said two was easy.


And in case you're wondering, I'm not pregnant. The nausea was a minor food poisoning. I'm just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment