Tuesday, August 7, 2018

AJ's Birth

It's no secret: I have csections.

And not because I want to but my first two were absolutely necessary (both breeched). Unfortunately, after you've had 2 csections, it's basically mandatory that the rest of your babies be born csection.

They. Are. Awful.

The morning of AJ's scheduled csection, I got up, showered, and did makeup.

My aunt and mom showed up at 5:30 am. It was still dark out but we were ready.  I gave them a rundown, showed them where breakfast was, and whatever they'd need and then we left to the hospital, which is only 5 minutes away.

We arrived, filled out needed paperwork, and we're taking to my room.

I was prepped and all that fun stuff.  They found my veins after a few tries and gave me my I.V.s.  There was a lot of running around by the nurses. We spoke to the OB and he met met husband for the first time (we changed to my original OB's partner later in the game due to availability for my scheduled csection and Zack hadn't yet met him).

The next thing you know, I'm being rolled to the operating room. I begin to feel anxious. They numb me up and I try not to stress. As I'm laid down, I feel the elephant on my chest and cannot breathe. I proceeded to yell at them to knock me out because I can't breathe and I cannot process idea of a 30 minute surgery feeling like I can't breathe. The elephant on your chest is very common during C-sections. Eventually the feeling wears off and I I'm able to relax for the C-section.

Baby AJ was born and cried immediately. They placed him on my chest and it was love at first sight.

AJ is the third 3rd born in our family! Zack and I are both 3rd borns!

AJ, we love you so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment