Sunday, August 19, 2018

This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Crying. Whining. Pulling my pants. Refusing to let me even walk. Not hungry.  Not ready for a nap. Oh. My. Word.

My boys were in a mood. And no trick in my pocket full of my personal parenting tricks was working.  My sanity was wearing thin and I knew my  humanity was much, much stronger than my desire to be calm in the midst of their mood.

I didn't know what they wanted.  They didn't even knows what they wanted. I did,  however, know that I needed: a mental break before I snapped.

I took a break. I left the boys in a safe place and locked myself in my room for a breather...

All was silent. A bit of laughter. And I took a bit longer than I had planned.

And I paid for it.


This is why we can't have nice things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment