Sunday, September 21, 2014

Black Widow Dilemma

Last night, I was brushing my teeth and finishing up getting ready for bed, when Zack came in to the bathroom and asked me to come outside to see something.

When Zack had put our dog, Frodo, out to use the bathroom before bed, he noticed that we had several black widow spiders with webs in our backyard! When I had first gone out and seen them, I froze, but within a minute of registering the urgency for me to act, we managed to kill all three of them and decided to search for more black widows.  We lifted the dog house and ahhhh! We found two more hiding underneath it!  This seriously makes me sick to my stomach!  How many times have we taken Janni out back to play? So many times!  And it has never really occurred to me that, "hey, there may be bugs out here that could very well impose death on my toddler!"  I am so grateful that we haven't had any bites from the spiders because Janni is typically in to E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!  Thanking the Lord that He protected my sweet girl!

When we made a call to the landlord about our neighbors, we made sure to inform him about our current deadly spider situation  He plans to send out an exterminator (I am not going to get into how deeply I dislike the idea of toxins mingling in my home), so that will at least keep Janni and my future daycare kids safe!

After our bug killing fiasco last night, we decided that we needed to clean the backyard up so Zack is currently outback, cleaning the backyard of any items that the black widows may use as a hiding place.

I haven't done any chores since it's Sunday and the house does need a good pickup, so while Zack safe-ti-fies (yes, I just invented a really cool word, you're jealous, huh?) our backyard, I am going to go be productive, too!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment