Monday, September 29, 2014

Happy Monday with a Recap to a Nice Sunday Outing

I really don't mind Mondays.

By Monday, Janni and I have had "Daddy" home all weekend and although we would like to have him home longer, I understand his desire to provide for us.  So letting him go back to work isn't so bad.  Friday will be here before we know it!
  
Yesterday was a nice day.

We ended up going to our old church (long story short, my mother-in-law has cancer and we have been going to her church in order to spend as much time with her as we can) and it was nice.  Janni always loves this church's nursery and its toys, and since our new church is family-integrated, we actually don't have a nursery, so she was thrilled to play in a playroom.

After church, we went out to eat at Culvers.  We did grain-free and didn't have their delicious butter buns, which was sad, but since we have started our full-fledged diet in hopes to lose some weight and actually feel better, it was a huge win that we both said no to a bun!

They were out of highchairs, so Janni got to sit in a booster.  She thought this was the greatest thing in the world.  I, on the other hand, did not.  I spent most of our meal making sure she didn't slide off of it and face dive into the table.  But she ate a lot (music to my eats- pun intended) and was very well-behaved; even the couple next to us noted how adorable she is and how it was actually pleasant to sit next to a family with a young child.  So, another win!

We went to the mall and Janni got to play in the play area for a while.  So, she had double the fun between church and the mall.  Double win for Janni!  We also looked for a new pair of church sandals and a Thanksgiving dress, both for Janni, with no luck.

We came home and put Janni down for a late nap, I picked up the house, and Zack did a few things.

It was such a lovely way to start the week.  

Today I have accomplished to following:

I have this week's meal plan and grocery list written out.

I have grocery shopping just about done (I still need to run to Costco for meals later in the week).

I got an unexpected 45 minute nap in and feel fantastic!

The house is clean and ready for Zack to come home.

I am trying a seemingly yummy twist on a popular meal in our house and if it turns out, I will post the recipe tomorrow.

Happy Monday Evening!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment