Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Simple Morning Routine

The meal that we had last night didn't turn out as I wanted, so I am going to have to keep working on perfecting the recipe.  I always feel so disappointed when I the meal doesn't turn out because it's money down the drain.

Lately I have been working on housekeeping and how to spend the least amount of time doing it.

I hate the idea of not being able to be as attentive as possible with Janni, since she is constantly getting into EVERYTHING!

I've found that if I follow these simple steps in the morning, that I am able to just do all the cleaning during her naptime.

After Zack and I do our morning devotional, I put a load of laundry in the washer.  I didn't have to separate my load because I do that the day before, right after I put that day's laundry in the washer.

Second, as soon as Zack gets into the shower, I begin his breakfast and in between cooking, I put several dishes from the night before away.  While Zack is eating (I wait to eat with Janni later), I put the rest of the dishes away.

Zack gets ready and I get his lunch and everything he needs together and ready to go.  We say a morning prayer for safety and to glorify the Lord through our action and deed and Zack is on his way.  I immediately go and make our bed.

I try to shower before Janni is up and then once I am fully ready, I wipe down the bathroom counter and pick up the bathroom.

Once Janni is up, I go into her room and we make her bed together.  This involves putting a comforter over the edge of her crib and setting her pillows up nicely (Janni loves to help).

That's it!

The house is always going to need a good pickup throughout the day, actually, several good pickups, but the house is usually in ready to play order because I do a final pickup after Janni is sleeping.

So the 5 things I do in the morning:

  1. Put a load of laundry into the wash
  2. Separate the load of laundry for the next day
  3. Put the dishes away from the night before
  4. Wipe down bathroom counter
  5. Make beds
Happy Tuesday!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment